Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Jennie, Jennie,...... Jenner Chardonnay

Treasure hunting can produce some exciting adventures and finds.  That is what happened here.  While I was doing some research on Fritz winery ( I will  post about these another time) I came across another of their brands, Jenner. Well what can I say.  I stopped what I was doing and went to work on the Jenner chardonnay.  A Sonoma coast offering.  The wine is partially fermented in tanks and French oak which gives it a lighter color, taste and aroma.  This gives the wine a chance to show off the fruit and winemaking  techniques  of Brad Longton the winemaker.  He really does a job on this one.     Bright yellow color like the rays of sunshine shining down on the Sonoma Coast in the early morning.  The nose is pleasant and inviting.  Citrus notes exude from the glass as I tip it toward my nose  and stick my shnoze in to enjoy the ripe aromas.  Ample fruit that also hints of melon and orange.
The flavor- as it hits your tongue - has so many characteristics going on.  Your head will spin as you try and decipher all of the notes going on here. Thankfully not a wood chomper (you know how I hate chewing on a piece of wood like a beaver).  Lots of complexity here.  Tropical fruits, mango, orange, with a little bit of minerality.  
A great balance with just enough acidity to meet the needs of the wine and make it a pleasant drinking experience.  Crisp and light bodied  with a lingering but not long finish.  A taste of vanilla sets in at the end giving it a pleasant finish, oh wait what is that...a little bit of toasted nut too, wow it just keeps delivering.  
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment