Friday, October 31, 2014

Third time is the winner, or so they say.

So last night was the third round of my pumpkin beer challenge.  I was by myself  and it was late so I was only able to sample two.
I was not able to write about them last night as it was after midnight and I was very tired.  But here I am tonight, Halloween, with nothing better to do than watch old horror movies and drink and talk about beer.  Ha.

So to finish last night.   My two offerings were Harpoon Pumpkin Cider and Buffalo Bills Original Pumpkin Ale.
I enjoyed both of them but I must say the pumpkin cider was the surprise.
First lets talk about Buffalo Bills.  A fine example of pumpkin beer.  Smooth and easy, but with a tendency to the bitter side.  The pumpkin flavor was mild at best, especially after having some of the over spiced items from the first few nights. Still a very nice easy beer.
The second of the night was the Harpoon Apple cider.  Very nice surprise, but I have to admit not a pumpkin.  The flavor was so much of apple cider all of the correct spices.  A reminder that apple pie is also one of the top flavors of the season.  I would definitely enjoy this brew again.  Not really in a pumpkin challenge though.
Enjoy

a not so bad way to end an evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment