Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Dayuum, Wildhaven Blazing Red 2011

You just can't say enough, Wildhaven   Blazing Red is a superb wine.
Wildhaven is owned by Precept wines. One of the largest wine companies in the US.  Wildhaven hails from the Columbia valley and certainly does this appellation proud.   
The wine is a blend of cabernet, merlot, syrah, and cab franc.  This all comes together   in a nice structured complex blend. 
I opened the bottle   and was immediately impressed with all of the floral and fruit fragrances erupting from the glass.  The color was a beautiful dark, dark red . The color of true blood.  Sometimes you can get a sense of the wine just by the color and fragrance. I could tell this wine was going to be fruity but rich textured.
I was not dissapointed.  The mouth was bursting with juice.  Rich and fruity, slight tannins that linger.  Cherry, strawberry, licorice, blueberry with chocolate and tobacco hints that add extra complexity.
A beautiful wine.
Tonight I paired this with chicken pot pie.  Yes I know what you're thinking red with chicken and cream sauce. Damn   right, get over it. My child wasn't feeling good and pot pie is one of the best comfort foods.  But hey I would do it again, this is a great wine.
Enjoy

Beauty in a bottle
The chicken pot pie was pretty amazing too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment