Tuesday, December 16, 2014

You Gotta Believe...

One of the best  perks to what I do is all of the free wine, beer and spirits that come my way.  I enjoy sampling all of it, and sometimes even finish a bottle.  Most of the time though I have a couple of glasses and  the rest gets thrown out.  It is great to be able to do this without feeling the pangs of the monetary loss.  Because, quite frankly I taste a lot of crap.  Some big names you see in every magazine get poured down the sink, sometimes just from the bouquet, (smell really but I am being kind). 
I have been asked on several occasions why I do not write about those bad wines.  The reason is simple, I do not like giving them any space or time.  If I am given a bottle to try and it does not eventually appear in this forum, then  chances are it was not to my liking and was dumped   never to see the light of day from my pad.  Also, every one   has a different pallet. My cousin loves this one California cab, she thinks is phenomenal .   I think it tastes like stewed prunes, so she is free to enjoy her wine and I do not have to talk about it.  But, it will not be served at my house. 
I try only to give my thoughts and opinions   about the wine, spirit or beer.  I do not rate them because rating   is well overrated.  My 92 could be your 89 etc.  I try to give as much information   about the winemaker and winery as I can too. I find that passionate winemakers make passionate wines and I love to hear their stories and history.
Well enough said,
Drink up and
Enjoy


Don't let the names in the boxes fool you, they are just storage.
one day a real cellar, but this works too.

No comments:

Post a Comment