Sunday, January 4, 2015

Let's start the New Year....Monistrol Cava

Let's start the New Year off right.  I spend so much time working that sometimes  I forget to have fun and just enjoy life.  My life is filled with what alot of people would think is fun.  Travel, wine tasting etc.  But so much goes on behind the scenes and it is alot of work.  The sales part of my job is time consuming, 14 hour days or more is common.  So the little time I have after the holidays I like to spend with family doing nothing. 
But at times I do get a surprise.  My lovely wife surprised  me with a brunch from heaven. 
Crab benedicts.  Yes you heard it crab benedicts. Toasted walnut bread topped with a mountain  of fresh crab meat. Then homemade, you got it ...homemade,  hollandaise sauce.
I added a little sumpin  to finish it off. 
A delicious mimosa with fresh orange juice and Monistrol Cava.  Monistrol is under 10 dollars. A freaky good sparking wine.  Lots of fruity notes exude from this wine. I like a Cava for cocktails.   They tend to be more fruity and soft than traditional champagne and not as sweet as prosecco.  There are many sparkling  wines I enjoy but usually by themselves.  This Cava is great to mix with or even for a nice sparkler to finish  the night.
Here's to a great New Year and lots of great wine.
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment