Sunday, January 18, 2015

Ooo LA LA.......Gassier Syrah Les Piliers

Once again I approach one of favorite winemakers; Michele Gassier.
Holding court in the Southern Rhone he continually produces one fine wine after another.  Cabernet les Piliers, Ch. De   Nage, a viognier and tonight  I give you.....Gassier Syrah Les Piliers.

When you open the bottle you are immediately inundated  with the most powerful aromas.  Floral scents of violets and roses. Dark red berries, like a summer basket full of ripe cherries, dewberries (yes I am showing my southern side). 
Once you pour the wine into your mouth you are tested again.  So much depth and so many flavors.  Again the dark fruits, lots of fruit. Then you get all of the layers, fruit, then spices; cinnamon, pepper, a hint wood to think about. Tannins so supple, your mouth is now begging for more. The flavors are complex and many.  What a wine. 
You must try this to believe.
Tonight I had the added privelege.  My daughter HR   cooked.  Making a wonderful   steak dinner  with delicious sides. She is becoming quite the gourmet.  And, the perfect companion to the wine. Sorry you cannot enjoy the steak, but you must try the wine.
Enjoy.

Look at that..beauty in a bottle...and glass
I know you wish you had this meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment