Thursday, June 19, 2014

Ch Buti de Nages Rouge and Paella

Overwhelming, thata is what comes to mind.  A little paella is a perfect meal.  This one consisted of sausage and shrimp.  An easy meal.  First I chopped bacon into small pieces, then in a sautee I added onion and cooked them down until translucent. I then added a link of sausage cut into bite pieces.  Letting these sizzle together while I added 1 and half cups of rice and three cups of chicken broth.  If you are a true gastron you would then add fresh veggies, like carrots etc.  But being a working man with a hungry 13 yr old I chose a pakage of frozen mixed veggies, I know it is a cheat, but hey you do what you have to do.  At last I adda pinch of saffron, this adds a little extra flavor as well as that great color.  Stirring everything together I put the lid on and into the oven at 400 for about 25 minutes or until rice is done.   The last item up is the shrimp.  I add this at the last minute as it only takes a little to cook them through from the heat of  the paella.
Now to the real reason we are here.  The wine of the night is Ch Buti Nages rouge 2012.
This excellent wine from#Michele Gassier has fast become one of my favorites, though that list continues to grow. A supple well balanced  wine full of rich nuances of  dark red berries and licorice.  The nose hits you with  ranges of floral bouqets , violets and roses.  The color of deep purple seems to beckon you  to fill your mouth with this fruity ecstasy.  And once you do, OMG.  The fresh fruit, flavors so concentrated and complex. Wow. Spicy and envigorating .  The velvety smooth texture coats your mouth , the rich fruit and earth tones mix together  and provide a sensational experience.  A long finish  of spicy cinnamon and pepper add even another layer to an already bold wine. 
The combination of Syrah, Grenach, and Mourvedre gives this wine the perfect balance and depth.
Enjoy


a little messy, but a oh so good

No comments:

Post a Comment