Monday, June 16, 2014

Turkey Flat and Fillet

Nothing I like better than a finely cooked fillet and a glass of wine to go with it.  This evening is no exception.  I like my steak cooked in just aboutany style, tonight I pan fried several fillet. 
First  I rubbed them in olive oil. Then sprinkled salt and pepper and fresh garlic.  I put them in a cast iron skillet on med low heat. Browned lightly on each side and they were cooked to perfection.
As a side my family loves asparagus. Tonight I decided to roast it. 
Sprinkling a little olive oil, salt, pepper, and fresh garlic.  I topped it off with some truffle oil, magnificent.  Cooked at 400 for about 10 minutes it becomes soft, but retains so much of that roasting flavor.
This in itself  would be a fabulous meal. But to finish off the meal  I pulled a bottle of Turkey Flat Shiraz 2007, given to me as a gift. 
Turkey Flat Vineyards are located I  the Barossa Valley.  Established in 1847 it boasts some of the oldest vines still used.
The color is deep dark purple, almost black.  It has a floral almost violet nose.  The palate is lush and rich with lots of depth.  Hints of licorice, oak, and very ripe dark fruits.  Simple, forgiving, tannins that coat the mouth but are not harsh.  This fine wine has already aged 7 years and is fresh and fruity. It is a spectacular addition to any meal.  It brings the full force flavor of the steak and seasonings to the foreground.
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment