Saturday, July 12, 2014

Caiu a Noite Vinho Verde 2012...just a little something before I go

Follow me on twitter @deshaw87, flipboard; Over the Winebow, and tumblr,@deahaw87,over the winebow.
So as I stated I am off for two weeks heading to Italy and Greece. Thought I would just leave you with something to think about.

#Caiu a Noite Vinho Verde.
A delightfully fresh white from #Portugal
Vino Verde comes from the region of the same name (imagine that), which also includes the #Minho where #Vinho Verde originated.  The name suggests a green wine but it really means young wine.  The wine has a slight sparkle to it, not quite considered a sparkling wine bit def. has that effervescence to it. ( yea I probably screwed the spelling of that too.)
  The bouquet is reminiscent of green apples, pears and all the wonderful flavors that boost your summer.
A dry but fruit forward wine that envelopes you in its aura and doesnt let go.  Well balanced with just the right amount of acid.  Elegant and noble it will hold its own with any white.

I paired this with a salad #nicoise. Now I know there are probably proper salad nicoise, but in my world it basically means to empty out the fridge and put it together.  It is really a great way to make a full dinner with leftovers.  Tonight it consisted of lettuce of course, cooked potatoes, cooked carrots, roasted asparagus, boiled eggs, pickles, and topped off with canned tuna. Filling and satisfying, that is what it os all about.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment