Friday, July 4, 2014

Yes it is Chicken and Rice again but with a Pair

Last night HR made Chicken and rice, as you know, my favorite comfort food. Well I did not get any as you know from my heartfelt whine last night. It was all gone when I got home from work. That should tell you something about the food. At 13 she is becoming quite the  cook. Excellent!!!
Anyway, she made the meal again for me and waited so I could do a wine pairing. Yea finally.
So to the wine.
Tonights choice is #Adler Fels RRV chard. 2012.
This is a classic California style chard. Oaky, buttery, full bodied, well balanced.
Full of fruit and easy to drink, as I have already downed 3/4 of a bottle while sitting here.
The nose has a smoky air, but also pear, apple,  even toast and tropical fruit.
Henry #Parducci is the wine maker for this Sonoma gem. 
I was lucky enough to visit the old mountain top winery a couple of years ago. One of the most spectacular views in all of California.
This succulent wine is to be enjoyed with chicken, seafood, salads or just sitting around enjoying the scenery with someone special.
Enjoy

HR with her finished product
#AdlerFels

No comments:

Post a Comment