Monday, July 7, 2014

#Valserrano, #Pinkus Yea its a paper plate...get over it.

We had some friends over for a little meal. Three kinds of sausage, zuccini (yea I know I can't spell) fresh # tomatoes with basil and olive oil, corn on the cob and fresh fruit for dessert. A great hot summer evening meal.  The #corn was especially sweet cooked in the microwave with the shucks on for 5 minutes two cobs.  A little trick my friend Mike taught me.  I used the grill in the kitchen, I got so much flak about my charcoal grill I didn't want to go there again. Anyway having good friends over with good food and conversation is always fun.
I couldn"t decide what to drink with the meal. Beer or wine.  So I had both and yes I drank both.
First Pinkus Organic Munster Alt.
I found this beer to be refreshing, almost wine like. I picked up lots of fruity flavors.   It also has definite wheat, yeast flavor that adds an almost sweetness to it. Though it is not sweet. Get over the contradiction.  I regard this organic as a great summer sipper. Elegant, refreshing with alot of subtle flavors coming through.

For the wine I chose # Valserrano Reserva 2007 from Rioja. #Bodegas d la Marques.
Made from 90% #tempranillo and 10 % #graciano. Aged in American and French oak for 2 years, then in the bottle for another year.
This is a wonderful red wine. The nose is full of ripe red berries and floral notes.  Calling you to partake like the sirens calling sailors.  Once you take a mouthfull and swish you understand why Spain is taking the wine world by storm. Full and fresh. Deep lucious red fruit flavors, cinnamon and spice after notes  with a med length finish. There is much to this wine. Complex doesn't even describe it. It is at once full bodied but refreshing and smooth. A very well balanced wine It goes down very easy, needless to say I am writing this a day later.
Another favorite summer red.
Enjoy. I did

#Pinkus organic
#Valserrano 2007

Yep we had them both
This beer we also had, a Lagunitas Undercover. 
The sticky 

No comments:

Post a Comment